Again, this is a very important aspect of the study - what we are doing! We not only want to be hearers of the Word but doers of the Word. Take time to look up the passages I gave you for each of Doriani's questions (listed below).
Then really consider how to live out this passage. How would God have you apply this passage? If you have any thought share in the comments!
The Questions:
- What should I do? That is, what is my duty?
- Who should I be? That is, how can I become the person or obtain the character that lets me do what is right?
- To what causes should I devote my life energy? That is, what goals should I pursue?
- How can I distinguish truth from error? That is, how can I gain discernment?
You said that the man was working in the field, but how do actually know that? I mean, it just said that a man was in a field and he discovered a treasure. It doesn't really say that he was actually working. (At least my version doesn't.)
Patrick:
You are right - that is not said in the passage. You keep being like the Bereans and seeing if "these things are true" from the Scriptures!!
You make a great point and in fact I should be more careful. The fact is it is a parable and not a true story. So there is no more to it than what Jesus says in the story.
What I was trying to point out is that the owner does not know what is in the field and along comes this man who is working in the field, traveling through the field or perhaps even going potty in the field - what ever the case may be - he finds a great treasure.
So, you are right young lady that is not in the passage and I should not say "he was" but say "perhaps he was...."
Good catch!!
No comments:
Post a Comment